Friday, June 4, 2010

Growing up...

Last weekend was a big weekend for Adalyn. My little girl is growing up so very fast. First, after urging from her Daddy believe it or not, we took Adalyn to do this...


She did so well. I always said I would only pierce her ears if she asked me to, and she has asked but I know she didn't know what she was asking for. Well the past couple of weeks Daddy had brought it up several times. We asked her if she wanted to have earrings and she kept telling us yes so off to Claire's we went. We got to the store and Adalyn was in awe. Why have I never thought to take our girlie girl into one of these places before. All the sparkle and color, she was in heaven!! First we had her pick out her earrings, she chose the pink flowers- no boring studs for our girl!! Our big girl climbed up into the chair all by herself and had a big grin on her face.



I decided to have her sit on my lap to make sure she didn't move. I didn't need to worry a bit. She sat perfectly still while they pierced both of her ears at the same time. After they were done Adalyn sat there for a second then realized what had happened and started crying. It wasn't an "I'm hurt" cry though. No, our girl was MAD! She wasn't happy that we poked her at all. Of course, all it took was Daddy walking her around the store and letting her pick out a necklace for all to be right with the world again. She really is doing well with her earrings. She doesn't play with them and lets me clean the every morning and night without a fight. She loves to look in the mirror and see her "pretty earrings"!!


Adalyn also had another big change this last weekend- she now has a big girl bed!! I was worried I wouldn't be able to keep her in bed once she has been put down for the night but so far we haven't had an issue. I did have a visitor one night over the week at 2 in the morning. I let her lay with us for a bit but then told her she had to go back to her bed and she did!! Without complaint.

When did my baby become such a big girl...

No comments: